What do you want to accomplish this week, and where do you want to be five years from now? Are you taking steps to get there? Don’t go another three years doing something you’re not passionate about. Life is flying by. This is your one shot, so live every day purposefully.
What do I want to accomplish this week?
- To be able to stand for the truth.
Where do I want to be five years from now?
- To be able to stand in the path of righteousness, and stand for the rights of people who are being discriminated against and exploited. That’s the reason why I studied Sociology.
Am I taking steps to get there?
- Yes. I definitely am.
Don’t go another three years doing something you’re not passionate about.
- I am passionate about studying Sociology, no matter how painful the readings are. I am applying what I learn to daily life situations, and I believe by fate (and the word of Allah swt) that my actions are justified. That’s why I took the steps I made.
Life is flying by.
- What makes you think I am not living life? I am traveling, learning how to play the ukulele and Chinese flute (dizi), learning Mandarin (and possibly Japanese), meeting new people, volunteering… Being out of my comfort zone, serving Allah. I think many others only think for themselves, and it is sad. I guess life is shorter for them if they don’t realise it soon.
This is your one shot, so live every day purposefully.
- Insya’Allah, He has given be the sustenance and the path towards a greater Imaan. I have done my best, reacted appropriately and will respond to whatever aggravations that people have against me to the best of my abilities. 🙂
This is a reply to someone’s Facebook post (won’t say who), a person whom I used to respect as a woman and mother. But I don’t now, I suppose. We have differing opinions and unfortunately that’s where our feminist standpoints deviate. Sure, I’ll consider her as a friend, insya’Allah and will forgive her in due time because of her weaknesses. That’s okay. We’re all growing.
Of course I won’t stand for corruption, and it is my duty to work hard towards a future without it.